Pages

Monday 20 July 2015

Speech at the .... Parade!

Hey Everyone!

During the summer many kids do not attend speech therapy (usually because they receive it at school) and I thought what can I do to help? So, this summer every Monday I will be posting ideas of how you can enhance your child's speech and language skills at different spots that people frequent during the summer. I will be posting on the zoo, carnival, parade, camping, and much more!


Today is my third post at the PARADE!!



Trick 1- Sequencing the Floats! When you are watching the parade you will see and use words like first, next, last, second, third, to talk about the order that you see the floats. You can also use phrases like "behind the red one" or "before the float with the big yellow bird, etc."


These are pics from when my kids were much younger!






Trick 2- Labeling the attributes of the floats! Talk about the floats, and their attributes like that one has animals on it, or it is being pulled by a---
, and this one is large and that one is small, etc.








Trick 3- Model grammar- remember to use correct grammar with plurals and verb tenses. That one that went by is - or here come 10 horses, and the one that is coming is--, etc.



For more ideas check out my pinterest board- Useful SLP Resources!

I hope you enjoyed this post!
I would love to hear some of your ideas and any requests for places you would like me to post on!



Cheers,
Mindy

0 comments:

Post a Comment