Pages

Friday 4 September 2015

Speech therapy for little ones....

Hey Everyone



In the past I've worked with preschoolers to provide speech therapy. While I am working with these little guys I always feel uncomfortable when their parents are present and watching me play with their kids. I feel like they are watching me going... "why are you playing, I do this at home?" Then I start with my little sh-peel  (is that a word?) about how it looks like I'm playing but that speech therapy with little guys looks like play and that I am matching, and modeling language for them... I hope they get it... but do they?





I found this website that posted exactly what I want to say! Check out Day2Day parenting's explanation of early intervention speech therapy sessions work!  
Day2Day Parenting has some great information on behaviors, routines and development,  take a look.

Cheers,
Mindy

0 comments:

Post a Comment