Pages

Friday 26 August 2016

Take Time To Look After Yourself!

Well, its beginning to be that time... back to school!! To all of the professionals who work in school, September can be a time of anxiety, especially if you were on a break this summer! Just thinking about my schedule brings on anxiety for me!!


I love my job and I especially love working with the kids but we all need a little break. This summer I was able to take some time off and only work part time (ya right I have 3 kids- there's no such thing as a break!). You know how it goes, you work all day then you come home cook supper, clean up, quickly talk with the kids and maybe do homework before jumping into bed exhausted only to start over in the morning. Now don't get me wrong, I really enjoyed my time at home and with my kids: camping, and taking them to enjoy fun activities. It was a really nice break from a very busy school year but sometimes you just need to take time out for you. Just you!!

I recently had a chance to speak with Jesse Brisendine, Life Coach. I was so excited to speak with and meet him (via Skype) and I wasn't at all disappointed! He is just as great as he seems! Jesse posts inspirational videos that seem to be sent just for me. The videos are what I need to hear just when I need to hear it.
He posted a video on taking time to nurture yourself and I thought it was a nice reminder as we all get ready to get back to the grindstone... Remember, although we are all in the business of looking after others, children, spouses, caseloads, we need to take time for yourself. This is something I definitely need to remember to do- all the time!
 
I came up with a quick list of 10 things you can do throughout the day to help you nurture yourself and keep the stress level down.

 Check out Jesse's video here!!



1. Take your lunch and eat it alone outside or in a park.

2. Sit at your desk (or go somewhere that you can be alone and quiet) for 3 minutes and just close your eyes and focus on breathing.

3.Take the long way when you are walking to the bathroom, classroom, or meeting. If you have time, take a walk outside.

4. Take your coffee break without your phone, or checking emails.

5. Make a list of the things that are VERY pressing and only do those, unless you time for more.


6. Laugh and Smile! 

7. Have a bath complete with candles and bubbles and wine ;) Stay in there for at least 20 minutes.

8. Ask co-workers, friends, and/or spouses for help- don't take it all on yourself.

9.Have fun with your kids (caseload and biological!) There is nothing that can reduce stress faster than laughing and playing with kids!


10. Make a gratitude list everyday and keep adding to it. Don't forget to read it every morning and night! 




Thanks, Jesse! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment