Pages

Friday 30 June 2017

Group Ideas for your Older Caseload






Recently I've had many more older kids added to my caseload. Some of them are so far behind in their reading, writing and comprehension that its sad. They actually had a hard time spelling "and"... I've got my work cut out for me... 


I need these kids to be functional so I need to work on inferences and building sentences, while targeting articulation and reading so I went on the hunt. I don't have all that much experience with older kids so I need to learn a few things. 

These are a few things I came up with.
Speech Peeps uses Non-Fiction texts to help students use reading while targeting those pesky artic. goals. I really like this because it is a good place for some of my better readers and then I can ask questions for comprehension. :)


Nonfiction Texts Targeting Artic & Language {Winter Edition}


NO PREP Build A Sentence Activities For Grammar Intervention
This No Prep  Build A Sentence by The Dabbling Speechie is really useful to get the kids thinking about pictures and using some very specific descriptive words.  I just love that it works on writing the sentence and adjectives.  This is definitely something that I would recommend to anyone who has upper elementary kids on their caseload. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment